For the past month, we've been recommending lots of games to play while spending lots of quality time with your family! We understand that games can get a bit old after awhile, so we are providing you all with a list of 50 fun things to do that you might not have thought of. Stay safe, everyone, and enjoy this list of things to do!
Virtual Museum Tours
Many museums have closed their doors but they are open for business online. Here's a list of museums that have put their collections online for you to enjoy.
Online Concerts and Shows
The music and cultural scenes are doing their best to keep going. You can stream nightly concerts and Broadway shows from the comfort of your living room... or perhaps you'd prefer to relax in a bubble bath with an iPad.
16. Check outSTAGEITfor access to "Shut in and Sing" events and online concerts
17. NPR is keeping alive list of Virtual Concertswhich is updated daily.
Learn Something New
Learning something new doesn't need to cost money. You can keep your brain active and learn a new language in just five minutes a day. Perhaps you would prefer to learn how to draw or code?
18. Learn a new language in as little as five minutes every day.DuoLingowill even let you set up a "classroom" so you can have accounts for kids to study.Dropsis another app that makes learning a new language fun.
19. Yale University is offering a free course online -The Science of Well-Being- that teaches you how to be happier.
21. Courseraoffers free online courses from many of the world's top universities in a wide variety of subjects
22. Become an Artist withArt ala Carteon YouTube.
23. Code Academyoffers a free online coding course.
Take a Virtual Field Trip
Field trips might be cancelled but just like the virtual museum tours we suggested, here are some ideas for creating an at-home field trip. If you've ever wanted to visit a national park or explore the surface of mars from the comfort of your home, there's never been a better time.
24. San Diego Zoo
28. Live farm cams fromFarm Food 360
33. Ellis Island
37. LUNCH DOODLESwith Mo Willems
38. #GADBookClub: Actor Josh Gad (Olaf from Frozen) is reading bedtime stories live on his Twitter every night.
41. Scholastic Learn At Home: Day by day projects to keep kids thinking, learning, and growing.
Binge Watch Something New
If you have the feeling that you've watched everything there is to see on Netflix, here are some other platforms you can download to your phone, tablet, or smart TV for a variety of shows and movies.
42. PlutoTVis always free and has 250+ of free channels to choose from. This has an App for Android or Apple devices, as well as working on your smart TV.
43. XUMOis a free (ad-supported) service with 200 channels of movies, TV shows and kids' entertainment.
44. Sundance Nowhas a 30-day free trial with the code SUNDANCENOW30. This service offers thrillers, True Crime, and Dramas.
45. Shudderhas a 30-day free trial with the code SHUTIN. Shudder specializes in horror movies and thrillers.
46. UMChas a 30-day free trial with the code UMCFREE30. UMC has the best in Black film and TV.
47. Acorn TVhas a 30-day free trial with the code FREE30 and is full of British and Australian TV shows
48. Crunchyrollhas a 14-day free trial and access to Anime
49. Philois a cable alternative that has a 7-day free trial then it's $20/month for 59+ channels.
50. Sling TVis another Cable alternative and has two packages available.